What did God teach you this year? What lessons did you learn? It would take a book to list them all and to explain how, when, and where God re-emphasized His truths for me. But here, in a nutshell, are 20 simple lessons I learned (and relearned) in 2014. In fact, they are probably lessons He teaches me repeatedly, year after year:
- God is in control (And I’m not).
- Friends matter.
- What we see as failure, God sees as an opportunity to grow.
- Waiting is never wasting–time (if we’re waiting on or with God).
- If God is in it, He will make a way.
- Physical rest is sometimes the most spiritual choice to make.
- God specializes in special surprises.
- Give more.
- Breathe. Relax. Enjoy what God has given.
- A smile costs nothing. Offer it freely, because it can change someone’s day.
- Divine appointments are far better than man-made appointments.
- God’s strength will carry us through our weakest moments.
- Don’t fret over little things. God has a way of working them out.
- Be who you are and who you were made to be.
- Your message is unique. And so are you.
- God is still writing our stories.
- Pursue your craft with excellence, not perfectionism.
- God cares about the details of our lives.
- Gratitude is always the best attitude.
- God still answers prayer.
I hope these simple lessons encourage you this year. As always, God is faithful to teach. Will you be faithful this year to learn?
Did God teach you some lessons this year? What lessons did you learn or relearn last year?