Are You Listening to God?
My recurrent theme in many of my blogs, as you know, is “God is Faithful.” It runs through my heart, and that theme is embedded in the heart and soul of the Bible.
So, to me, when people ask in any situation, “Will God show up?” that’s not even a question to consider.
He’s Omnipresent–everywhere. God shows up every day of every year.
One of my favorite Scripture passages is 1 Thessalonians 5:24 (NKJV): “He who calls you is faithful, who also will do it.”
God Always Does His Part
God always does His part.
Will We Do Ours?
The question really, is will we do ours?
Are we listening to God?
Will we show up when He calls?
And He calls us everyday to show up and be faithful! What does that look like? By being grateful, loving, kind, generous, thoughtful, helpful, devoted, prayerful, joyful, forgiving, unselfish, just to name a few. But mostly just by being His faithful child.
Each day we live out the love, grace, and forgiveness He has invested in us. Each day we celebrate the relationship we have in Jesus–always caring, anticipating, and watching for a way we can make a difference for Him, in big ways, in little ways.
Listen…and show up daily.
- The “poster” quote is © 2009, Rebecca Barlow Jordan, Day-votions® for Women, Heart to Heart Encouragement, Zondervan.
- If you’d like to know more, you can check it out here.
My Personal Prayer for You
Lord Jesus, thank You for Your faithfulness. Day in and day out, You are there, even when we can’t see You. Everything is under Your control, and You are always present. Help us to be faithful to show up daily, to listen to Your voice, and to respond to Your call. Teach us Your ways, so we can walk in them daily and honor You with words, our thoughts, and our lives. You are everything we need…and everything we want.
Are you listening to God? Will you show up daily and be faithful?
- One Thing You Can Do to Heal Your Country
- When the World You’ve Known Keeps Changing, How Do You Respond?
- A Valentine Prayer Letter to My Spouse – Husband and Wife
- A Prayer for Our Leaders and Our Country
- One Habit That Can Change Your Life – Now and Forever
- Bible Promise for Today – Direction for Tomorrow