What your grandchildren and children need from you may surprise you. Here are five lasting things they need that you can’t wrap up with a bow or leave in a will:
1. Unconditional Love – no matter what age or stage
2. Unreserved Faith – in a God who is always faithful
3. Undivided Attention – letting them know they really matter
4. Unbiased Wisdom – the kind that comes from knowing Jesus intimately
5. Unwavering Prayer – in the good and bad times
Just make sure you stay alert. Keep close watch over yourselves. Don’t forget anything of what you’ve seen. Don’t let your heart wander off. Stay vigilant as long as you live. Teach what you’ve seen and heard to your children and grandchildren” (Deuteronomy 4:9, MSG).
Who is like you, Lord God Almighty? You, Lord, are mighty, and your faithfulness surrounds you (Psalm 89:8, NIV).
What would you like to give to your children and/or grandchildren?